The alpha channel of the texture controls the glossiness. I believe that black is matte and white is glossy. The existing textures use a grayish, I don't remember the exact value.
Posts made by Scott Przybylski
RE: rfactor boat models
Kallen Washburn made the UL / GP and several vintage models. Tom Mihelich made the original generic shovel nose hull.
I mostly just did the texture UV mapping and putting the models in game.
I probably have some source files on an old hd somewhere. Kallen might have some of the files. I believe there is a blender importer for the rfactor gmt mesh files.
HydroSim Alpha v0.6.0.3
- Bug where the server would disconnect all the clients when switching race courses.
- Reduced height of skidfin spray and width of skidfin / prop spray.
- Fixed start/finish buoy hovering above the water.
- Big FPS drop at Guntersville.
- General performance optimizations (should see general FPS increase).
- Flickering shadows in Guntersville TV camera near pits.
- Game not exiting properly.
- Bug with connection timing out when connecting to the server.
- Bug with replay not recording when first connecting to the server.
- Trees / Vegetation to Seattle and Guntersville.
- Added cranes to Seattle and Guntersville (sorry just static scenery for now).
- Display settings menu with additional options for tweaking performance.
- Control settings menu, currently just allows inverting the throttle/canard axis.
- Race clock in replays. (Old replays will no longer work with this update).
- Version number check when connecting to the server.
- Cockpit camera.
- Unity to version 2018.4 and other 3rd party package versions.
- Time of day in replays.
- Re-worked buoy net-code to hopefully fix levitating and sinking buoys
- Issues with chopper cameras.
- Issues with how throttle and canard inputs we're being handled.
Note: Having issues getting Mac build to succeed, so removed from downloads for now.
RE: How do I make a dedicated server?
At the bottom of the page I wrote how to run a dedicated server: http://www.uhlhydroplanes.com/hydrosim
Mainly you need to pass several command line arguments to the executable. When you do this, you won't see anything launch, it will look like nothing happened, however it is running. You'll see the process running in the windows task manager. Eventually, I'll make a wrapper app to add a UI for the dedicated server.
Also, there's currently no master server list, so you connect by IP address or host name.