I recently started putting issues into an issue tracker:
Small updated, I started teaching myself how to use Blender for 3D modeling while working on new buoys.
So far I've gotten these more realistic looking triangle buoys done:
These were created in Blender by generating a high resolution pyramid, applying a cloth simulation to it and inflating it with a force field. I then created a low resolution model by shrink wrapping a sphere around the high resolution model. From there I
baked a normal map texture for the low res model from the high res one.
I'm currently working on the same process for the new start/finish cylindrical buoys.