With the new update, I have decided to start up a Patreon account (patreon.com/HydroSim) for those who would like to help contribute to server costs and the further development of my passion project HydroSim. There is no obligation to sign up, HydroSim will continue to be free for all to play.
- Fixed Phantom engine sounds the would get stuck playing forever.
- Fixed issue with self-washdowns (especially with the GP).
- Audio adjustments: adjusted volume levels, lowered pitch, reduced doppler effect, adjusted distance attenuation. Added water lapping sound-effect back in.
- Reduced the size of the washdown hitbox on the GP and increased max water saturation to 99%
- Added water lapping sound-effect back in.
- Fixed several bugs with the Linux build (Should be useable now)
- Fixed various minor bugs
- Reduced the amount of memory the water grid overlay was using.
- Fixed issues with Inputs stopping when HydroSim window loses focus.
- Fixed some issues with re-binding Inputs.
- Re-worked the Setup UI, added ability to Delete and Rename setups.
- Updated some 3rd party dependencies.
- Replaced Audio system with FMOD.
- Audio can now be designed in FMOD Studio.
- Audio can be updated in the bundle system.
- Audio can be modded (More on that later).
- Moved Common bundles to the server, this reduces the size of builds. Upon first run of game, the common bundles will be downloaded.
- New common audio: wind noise, collision sounds, underwater sounds.
- In Cockpit audio filters.
- Updated Audio for Unlimiteds to use FMOD
- Updated Audio for GPs to use FMOD.
- New GP sounds created with the awesome tool Engine Simulator https://www.engine-sim.parts/
- GP physics tweaks.
- Removed rear tail physics.
- Reduced engine inertia, so the engine responds to throttle and waves a bit more realistically.
- Reduced rudder forces a bit.
- Reduced rudder max angle a couple degrees.
- Increased max skidfin angle.
- Added Common bundles to remote bundles.
@scott-przybylski Hi Scott, I have never used Patreon before, but I'm definitely going to get setup and kick you a some bucks.
I have only been playing for a few weeks, but this is a very polished effort.
@scott-przybylski do I have to re-download Hydrosim to get the benefits of the new version
@unleashed-super Yeah, you'll need to download the new version of game from the website. Typically when I make code changes, it requires a new version and download of the game.
I am able to add/update courses, boats (and now sounds) through bundles, which download automatically when you start the game.