- Reverted Input System version to fix some issues people were having mapping controls.
- Fixed an issue with cloud textures in the sky being pixelated.
- Fixed some issues with course select menu.
- Fixed water splashes not working in MainMenu.
- Fixed a buoy rope issue at Madison.
- Updated GP physics to drive a little better and make lanes more even.
- Reset some changes on the Unlimiteds, note the Unlimiteds are currently way too fast and will be changed.
The v0.8.0.0 beta is finally here with Grand Prix Hydroplanes. Big thanks to Kallen Washburn for making the 3D models and Matt Johnson for recreating some awesome paintjobs.
Note: There may be physics changes to Unlimited / GP boats before final release.
Note: VR might be broken. Unity changed the entire VR API. I updated the code to work, but haven't really tested it.
Planned features before final release
- Re-work boat selection UI and allow for organizing teams into folders.
- Add ability to build/download/load race courses as separate files.
- Make more updates to Detroit.
- Make mirrors better.
- Add ability to adjust seat position, and set default driving camera.
- Various bugs with driver model doing weird things in certain situations.
- Bug with boats vibrating in replays
- Fixed bug where you couldn't login as admin on dedicated server to change race settings.
- Now using bundle system to create separate course and boat bundles. This allows me to separate things into multiple repositories which alleviates some disk space issues. This also allows me to make updates and add boats/courses without having to make a new game download. The game will auto-update on startup.
- Added ability to change GP boat configuration from the main menu, this allows for making a new boat configuration and saving to file, or just temporarily overriding the configuration.
- Added "dock ropes" to prevent boats from floating away on courses with flow-maps. These auto-release after the engine starts.
- Re-designed the course select menu when clicking Host.
- Added ability to change Field of View for on-board cameras in Graphics Settings.
- Changed propeller simulation to use a mesh that more closely resembles a propeller, which required tweaking all the physics again. Unlimited physics still needs some more tinkering.
- Added Content GUI, this is mainly for debugging purposes. Note: Enabling dev bundles will only work for members of the HydroSim dev team on discord.
- Added support for engine washdowns, this can be disabled on the server. Will need some tinkering as I haven't been able to test/adjust it yet.
- Fixed some mirrored texture mapping issues with some of the GP boat canards.
- Fixed issue with fin/prop not taking flow-map forces into account.
- Fixed some issues with audio pitch/volume curves.
- Big thanks to Kallen there are many more part options for the GP boat. (See very bottom of t his post for full list of options that can be put in the Team.xml file)
- Added GP-15 Happy Go Lucky (thanks Matt!)
- Fixed buoys at Guntersville
- Fixed trees at Copi Hollow
- Doubled the viewable area in the mirrors.
- Reduced wake amplitude for GP boats.
- Foam bugs at Miami.
- Issues with buoy anchors / ropes at a few race courses.
- Fixed some rendering issues in the mirrors.
- Trailer textures can now be painted for GP teams.
- Henderson GP hydroplane model with several configurable parts (more cowlings coming soon). The parts to use are specified in the team.xml file. (Template for painting GP boats is on the Google Drive).
- Course Layouts. Most of the Unlimited courses now have a separate GP course layout that can be selected in the Rules section of the admin panel.
- Rear-view mirrors (still need work)
- Full cockpit with Animated driver (in the GP boat).
- Added water flow maps to several of the race courses. This will cause the boat float downstream at courses on rivers.
- Cleaned up the boat texture loading code. Added ability to specify emissive maps.
- Updated Detroit underwater terrain (Thanks to Kym) and added trees.
- Updated Unity and several 3rd party libraries.
- Several bugfixes with propeller and tunnel physics.
List of Configurable Parts
- Front left extension
- Left short (GP-15)
- Both short (GP-18)
- Rollason (Warlord)
- Henderson single scoop
- Henderson split scoop
- Happy Go Lucky (GP-15)
- Charger (GP-10)
- Penrite (GP-57)
- Lady Liz (GP-273)
- Warlord (GP-3)
- Casino de Montreal
- None (Visual only)
- Canard with cockpit indentation
- Flat Canard
- Canard with spoiler (GP-15)
- Flaps with indicator
- Flaps without indicator
- GP-1 or Warlord
- Flat spar
- Angled down spar
- GP-15 support
- Fin antenna front canopy
- Fin antenna on left sponson
- Pole antenna on canopy
- Fin antenna rear canopy
- Small antenna center canopy
- Small antenna left sponson
- Strobe front canopy
- Strobe rear canopy