HydroSim v0.8.0.0-b2 Beta - Grand Prix Hydroplanes
The v0.8.0.0 beta is finally here with Grand Prix Hydroplanes. Big thanks to Kallen Washburn for making the 3D models and Matt Johnson for recreating some awesome paintjobs.
Note: There may be physics changes to Unlimited / GP boats before final release.
Note: VR might be broken. Unity changed the entire VR API. I updated the code to work, but haven't really tested it.
Planned features before final release
- Re-work boat selection UI and allow for organizing teams into folders.
- Add ability to build/download/load race courses as separate files.
- Make more updates to Detroit.
- Make mirrors better.
- Add ability to adjust FOV, seat position, and set default driving camera.
- Various bugs with driver model doing weird things in certain situations.
- Onboard camera issues when joining the water.
- Doubled the viewable area in the mirrors.
- Reduced wake amplitude for GP boats.
- Foam bugs at Miami.
- Issues with buoy anchors / ropes at a few race courses.
- Fixed some rendering issues in the mirrors.
- Trailer textures can now be painted for GP teams.
- Henderson GP hydroplane model with several configurable parts (more cowlings coming soon). The parts to use are specified in the team.xml file. (Template for painting GP boats is on the Google Drive).
- Course Layouts. Most of the Unlimited courses now have a separate GP course layout that can be selected in the Rules section of the admin panel.
- Rear-view mirrors (still need work)
- Full cockpit with Animated driver (in the GP boat).
- Added water flow maps to several of the race courses. This will cause the boat float downstream at courses on rivers.
- Cleaned up the boat texture loading code. Added ability to specify emissive maps.
- Updated Detroit underwater terrain (Thanks to Kym) and added trees.
- Updated Unity and several 3rd party libraries.
- Several bugfixes with propeller and tunnel physics.