SNHL Season 1, Race 2, Drivers Meeting Notes
A Former User last edited by
• NOT PRIVATE
• Wait until your name is called in the game’s chat box before going onto course.
• 3 flights of heats, consolation, final
• Second consolation will be added if more than 20 boats participate in race.
• In event of tie for placement into finals, qualifying speed will be used as the tiebreaker
• 5 boats maximum per heat, 6 in final (including trailer)
• Preliminary heats will be 3 laps, final will be 5 laps
• When you cut, you no longer have right of way when re-entering the course
• You must pass two buoys to establish your lane after cutting.
Lane infractions in first turn
• Greater enforcement is needed in calling penalties.
• Penalty should only be called when a boat’s roostertail crosses in front of another boat.
• This penalty will be reviewed post-race.
Commitment buoy during mill
• Lane commitment buoy is the entrance pin of Turn 2
• You must hold your lane from the entrance pin of Turn 2 to the Starting Line.
• If you are boxed in leading up to the start, you have to back off and choose an available lane.
Trailer boat in final
• Trailer must start at the orange buoy prior to the starting line.
• Trailer boat jumping penalty will be monitored as such: If the trailer boat crosses said buoy before the clock strikes 0, then the trailer jumped the gun.
• More participation is needed in officiating.
• Area of focus: monitoring 80 mph rule
o If you are officiating 80 mph rule, you must put your boat on the water and park it.
• Monitoring first turn after heat has started.
• Monitor people that crash and keep going. Boats that crash must exit the water and receive a DNF. Majority rules during disputes.
• Keep an eye on boats overlapping. The rule is a roostertail’s length before overlap can happen.
Minimum speed during mill
• Due to the tight turns, the minimum speed in the turns will be 60 mph. The rest of the course applies to the 80 mph rule.
• OFFICIALS: Monitor speed at the exit pin of the turns. The driver has two seconds to get back to 80 mph.