@TinyBeard I plan on running more exhibition races. I'm aiming for mid to late August. I will make an announcement when I have a date set.
Best posts made by Beau Rarig
SNHL Season 1
Mickey Washburn and I are proud to announce the first season of the Saturday Night Hydroplane League (SNHL) driven by HydroSim! We look forward to racing with you all this winter!
Below, you will find the race schedule, a list of registered boats and drivers, and a snippet of the rules pertaining to this season’s races. If you have any questions, please send either Mickey Washburn or Beau Rarig a private message. This page will only be used to register boats.
October 6th – Southern Cup – Guntersville
October 27th – Indiana Governor’s Cup – Madison or Tri-Cities
November 17th – Columbia Cup – Tri-Cities
December 8th – Seafair Cup – Seattle or Guntersville
December 29th – Gold Cup – Detroit
January 19th – Bill Muncey Cup – San Diego
All races will begin at 6:00 pm Pacific Standard time.
This schedule is subject to change.
• The boat you register must be a real H1 Unlimited hydroplane.
• When registering boats, the amount of same U-#s shall be limited to 2. For instance, if the U-7 Graham Trucking and U-7 Valken Sports are registered, we will not accept any more boats with the U-# as U-7.
• Only the defending national champion is allowed to use the number U-1. Since this is the first season of SNHL, no one is allowed to use any boat with the number U-1.
• DMZ zones will be in effect. If you go inside a DMZ, the resulting penalty will be a disqualification for the heat only. Diagrams of each course detailing DMZ zones will be available before the season begins.
• If you cut the course, you must pass two inside markers (buoys) before you can claim the lane.
• If you flip or otherwise crash the boat during qualifying, you may continue to complete your qualifying laps.
• If you flip or otherwise crash the boat during a heat, you are not allowed to continue racing in said heat. It does not matter whether your boat lands upside-down or right-side-up. If you crash during a heat, you must hit the ESC key and “Leave” the heat. This will result in a “DNF” or “DNS” and no points will be awarded.
• You must stay above 80 mph during the milling period.
• All drivers who are about to enter the course for a Heat must enter the channel titled “On the Water”.
• One driver who is not participating in the Heat must be in the channel entitled “On the Water”. Their duty is to call starts “Good” or call out drivers who jumped the gun.
• All other drivers who are not participating in a Heat may not enter the channel titled “On the Water”.
• If you need to leave your computer, please enter the channel titled “AFK”. The Race Director will check to see if anyone is in this channel prior to beginning a Heat.
• Failure to stay above 80 mph for the first time during the milling period.
• Striking a buoy.
• Cutting inside an inside marker buoy during the racing period of a heat.
• Cutting outside an outside marker buoy (white) during any part of the heat.
• Crossing the start/finish line before the clock hits zero…….
• Failing to proceed around Turn 2 immediately prior to the start of the race.
• Failure to stay above 80 mph for a second time during the milling period.
• Causing another boat to go below 80 mph.
• Failure to stay in your lane if less than a roostertail’s length in front of another boat.
• Failure to enter the course prior to the 3-minute mark during the milling period.
Disqualification Penalties for the Heat:
• Causing another boat to crash.
• Failure to stay outside of the DMZ zones.
• Failure to “Leave” the Heat immediately after crashing.
• Committing 2 lane violations in the same Heat.
Disqualification Penalties for the Event:
• Deliberately causing another boat to crash, and/or, attempts to sabotage another driver.
To register a boat for SNHL Season 1, please reply to this post with your real name and your boat.
The game comes with a good selection of boats. More paint schemes available for download can be found here:
Registration will close on September 29th at 11:59 pm Pacific time.
1982 U-00 Atlas Van Lines - Jody Harshman
1993 U-6 Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Jake Bell
1991 U-6 Valvoline/Miss Madison - Jason Fitch
2010 U-7 Air National Guard - Noah Johns
2003 U-8 Llumar Window Film - Eddie Kanfoush
1992 U-8 Tide - Cei Bowen
2018 U-9 Les Schwab Tires - Nicholas Miller
2002 U-9 Skyway Park Bowl & Casino - Quinton Miller
1989 U-10 Winston Eagle - Harley Gray
1994 U-10 Smokin' Joe's - Cale Bruce
1991 U-12 Miss Budweiser - Beau Rarig
2017 U-12 Graham Trucking - Jeff Dewalt
2009 U-16 Ellstrom E-Lam Plus - Dylan Mowry
2017 U-16 Oh Boy! Oberto - Codee Guyll
1999 U-20 Appian Jeronimo - David Johnson
2016 U-21 Albert Lee Appliance - Matt Johnson
2012 U-22 Matrix System Automotive Finishes - Scott Przybylski
1988 U-31 Miss Circus Circus - Troy Barman
2007 U-37 Miss Beacon Plumbing - Adam Putich
2005 U-60 Miss Thriftway - KC Duncan
2011 U-88 Degree Men - Peyton Hopp
2010 U-96 Spirit of Qatar - Kelsey Best
1994 U-100 PICO American Dream - Tim Johnson
2001 U-100 Znetix - Jared Meyer
2018 U-440 Bucket List Racing - Kyle Lewis
2018 U-1918 Oberto - Mickey Washburn